Nothing To Write About

July 24, 2015

It’s true: I have nothing to write about. I don’t have writer’s block, there just isn’t anything of interest to say. So why am I posting? Because it’s been five days since my last post and I don’t want to lose my readership. (I may bore them to death, however.)

This being a blog about bipolar disorder and how it affects yours truly, it seems hard to talk about all things BP when nothing is happening. And I do mean nothing is happening…I’m as stable as a rock, I have zero symptoms and my meds are the same as they’ve been ever since I got out of the hospital. Oh wait, I did have that slight decrease in Geodon a couple of months ago, but other than a little wonky sleep, I haven’t noticed any changes.

It’s really quiet around here.

And quiet is good in my case. No drama, no wild mood swings, no crisis situations…just day after day of getting up, having breakfast/lunch, hanging out on the computer, chatting with Will, maybe going to the library or the store or to a doctor’s appointment, taking a nap, having dinner, hanging out on the computer some more, watching a movie, going to bed.

Yeah, I know. DULLSVILLE.

Thankfully, we’re moving in a couple of weeks so getting ready for that will take a little preparation, but this one will be a walk in the park compared with what we went through last winter. All we have is one bedroom and a bathroom’s worth of stuff, which we should be able to move in one trip since we have help. It’ll be pizza and beer for everyone who shows up to assist. I just want this to be the LAST move we make for a good long time.

And then I’ve got to find myself something to do, a hobby or something. (NO, it’s not going to be knitting!) I can’t just sit around the house all day watching daytime television {{{shudder}}}. Of course, there will be plenty of blog material drawn from living with two gay men and being around a colorful assortment of other characters; you can’t discount the potential entertainment value there. But as far as writing about bipolar goes, well folks, that well has run dry.

Thank God. 🙂

1. July 24, 2015 5:32 am

You have plenty to say, good post. Hoping your move brings less frustration and less furniture damage than our move last week. 👍

2. July 24, 2015 5:55 am

Stability – WOOHOOO!! Congrats and hope it lasts a good long time for you. Here’s wishing you post many more blogs with nothing to write about!

3. July 24, 2015 10:12 am

No news is good news in this case! I’m glad everything is working well for you. I know it feels really weird for things to be so calm, but try and enjoy it. I’m not very good at doing this myself, but if you can enjoy the quiet and calm times you’ll be better prepared for the hectic ones when they come.

4. July 24, 2015 10:35 am

This is good, YAY!! 🙂

5. July 24, 2015 11:49 am

You are living the life we all strive to!!! It’s always good to hear that someone is doing great!

6. July 24, 2015 2:06 pm

Glad you’re stable!

7. July 24, 2015 3:05 pm

Congratulations on your health! I’m in a similar place. For a while there I couldn’t think of anything to write because I was doing so well. This break has definitely been worth a while of not having as much blog material, though. Good post! I’d give it two thumbs up!
    -Mary

8. July 24, 2015 5:48 pm

Love to you – boredom is GOOD sometimes! xoox

Liked by 2 people

9. July 24, 2015 11:12 pm

Amen! Isn’t it nice to have peace? I’m trying quilting, if you knew me better, you’d laugh.

Liked by 2 people

10. July 24, 2015 11:17 pm

So glad you are stable. Wonderful news, especially given the recent and upcoming moves.

11. July 25, 2015 1:16 am

“No drama, no wild mood swings, no crisis situations…just day after day of getting up, having breakfast/lunch, hanging out on the computer, chatting with Will, maybe going to the library or the store or to a doctor’s appointment, taking a nap, having dinner, hanging out on the computer some more, watching a movie, going to bed.”

That’s not dullsville girl, that’s a Bipolar heaven.

It is great to hear from you. I am so glad you are feeling stable.